Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 2791

Dear Dell,

Today I did not cook dinner. Not because I was still drunk from last night's dinner, but because I was hoping that if my husband brought something home with him that the preparation and clean up time could be cut down and maybe we could be settled down a little sooner. I am exhausted from chasing Max today. Bedtime is usually around 8:30, but today I wouldn't mind if everyone fell asleep at 6:30. As of now the kids have eaten but Grant and I have not. We will probably order sandwiches and wings from a local pizza place. It is nice to eat after the kids go to bed sometimes.

Well, as it's been said by my friend Kendra, my fairy crab mother brought me a new microwave. Unfortunately Max seems to think that this is the greatest thing on Earth. I pulled him away no less than 20 times today. Several things were lined up to be melted, set on fire, or at the very least thoroughly disinfected. Cups, pencils, rubber balls...

When Max wasn't playing with our new kitchen toy he was in the bathroom trying to get daddy's cologne. At one point he came to me with some article of clothing that was once on a stuffed animal and asked me to put it on him. He had been trying for a good 15 minutes to do it himself before he gave in and asked for help. When he got to me I was almost knocked over by the wondrous smell of cologne and dog pee. Apparently Max was not the only one who thought the stuffed animal clothing was appealing.

I made Gage's initial appointment with the new psychiatrist today, it wont be until the end of June. The lady on the phone asked me a bunch of questions. Stuff I expected, like name, insurance, age, diagnosis, medications, address....seemed to be going well, until she said

"...and please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time in order to fill out the necessary paperwork"

snort

um yeah, guess they don't have many Bipolar children come though their office? Maybe she is new?

I asked if it was ok to fill out the forms in advance. There is no way I can fill out the forms with Gage with me, and no way I'm arriving 30 minutes early so that there are 30 more minutes of fighting with Gage and hoping that nothing gets broken, no one gets hurt, and I don't start publicly crying.

Well Dell..

hee, that rhymes!

I have one more thing to share from today. A story Kayla wrote in class.

One Day there was a girl named Soosin and she wanted to have a rhinosaurs and hir mom said Soosin code have a rhinosaurs so she wint to the zoo and asced for a rhinosaurus and the zoo ceeper said he did not have a rhinosaurus so Soosin wint to the juggl but she cod not fiand a rhinosaurus but she was unrelenting so she went to find a rhinosaurus she wint to her freds haws and har frends had a supris for her and it was a rhinisaurus.

That is one looooong sentence :) I love reading those little stories that they write at this age.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Hey, my microwave has a child lock setting, you should check yours. Matt wanted me to ask if you have ever had a peep sword fight in the microwave? If you have any left over from Easter I can walk you throught it. I bet Grant would get a kick out of it but dont show the kids, it may give them ideas.

Cute story Kayla.

Dog pee is bad.

Khadra said...

I think Grant threw the book away for the microwave. Maybe they have an online version. We have no peeps left. I buy just enough that will get eaten on Easter day because 1. they smash into carpets so nicely. And 2. they are disgusting lol! But you can tell me about it sometime anyway. Im curious now.

Kendra said...

Insert toothpicks into 2 peeps like swords, place them on a microwave safe plate with their sword toothpicks facing each other and microwave. Watch as they expand and stab each other. I know kinda violent for a peep but what else ya gonna do with them they are gross. First peep to get stabbed looses. I bet it would work with big marshmellows too....

Khadra said...

This sounds messy. Do they end up exploding?

Kendra said...

I stop them before they explode.

tammy said...

I love that your daughter used the word 'unrelenting'. That is a great story!