Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 2797 (and 96, and 95)

Dear Dell,

Well Dell, so far I am pretty much sucking at this daily entry thing, however I have written more on my two blogs in the past week and a half than I have on just one in the past year, I think.

Sunday fish were returned, fans were bought to try to help circulate the heavy air in our house, and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. I learned that I do not think Buffalo Wild Wings is worth the money, and our waitress was bitchy. Nothing pisses me off more than spending a pile of money to have the staff treat me like shit.

Monday night Lizzie and I went to her first speech session at a new center. This appointment was for an evaluation. The lady who was supposed to see us, was not there. The place was nice though, I didn't feel judged or on guard because other kids behaved like mine. I also saw a Gage clone. I've never seen another kid act like him before. I know of other people who have young Bipolar children, but I have never been in their presence. It was kind of weird.

Today, and yesterday, Gage was in a low mood. He was easily agitated (as he is everyday) but he was not hyper at all. Today he was actually pretty well behaved.

I'm on guard for the upswing, and I feel it may be a doozy, we don't stay in the low mode for long periods very often.

Tonight I went to Walmart for chocolate milk and paper bags, both for Kayla's lunch Thursday (Zoo trip). This trip should have cost me a little under $5. However, it ended up costing something more like just under $65. Three dollar shirts, skirts, and pants add up fast when you are buying for four kids. I always think how much money I'm saving (and in reality I am) but when I see the total I feel pukey. I don't think I ever get out of Walmart for less than $20 though, and often the bill is more like two hundred and something dollars.

Max and the microwave....latest victim to be...build a bear workshop teddy bear.

Going to try to blog here and Crab Goggles tomorrow.

Good night :)

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Love the 3 dollar shirts and I overspend too. Mental note no pocket shirts for the little boy in the future. Do I try to patch the shirts or let them go?

Glad the speach mtg went well.

Khadra said...

What's the problem with the pocket? Is it scratchy or bulky on the inside? Or did he just decide pockets were not ok, like lizzie has proclaimed grey is not a color and so she won't wear it?

Kendra said...

He feels he must stuff things in his pockets until they rip. So far no issue with clothes other than what order he gets his clothes on and when(after breakfast etc).